Multi-Layer flexible circuits consist of 3-8 copper layers encapsulated with dielectric, normally connected with a plated through-hole (see diagram below). Multi-layer circuits can be fabricated with or without coverlayers.
When to use Multi-Layer Flex
- Required when circuit density and layout cannot be routed on a single layer
- Ground and power plane applications
- Used for shielding applications
- Dense surface mount assembly
- Increased circuit density
- Controlled impedance with shielding
Multi-Layer Flex Features
- Up to 8 conductive layers
- Use of resistive foils like Cupronickel and Constantan possible
- There are unbonded regions to increase flexibility
- EMI/RFI shielding
24 Hour Quotes
All Flex will provide a quote within 24 hours.
Need help? Request a Design Consultation below.
Download it for free or request a copy.